Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MCSE Studying - Week 50

Overview
Week 50 of my MCSE studies was not as focused or busy as I would have liked, but I still managed to accomplish a few things. I finished the KnowledgeNet 70-411 Live Learning course, and worked on the prerecorded lesson for the same exam. I also managed to secure sufficient funding to renew my subscription to KnowledgeNet, a resource that I am finding very valuable.

Cool Stuff
There wasn't anything that I would consider especially cool, but I did enjoy learning more about the Distributed File System (DFS), and getting into the details of how to setup and configure this service. Even in this age of collaboration tools like SharePoint, DFS can still play an important role in managing and replicating certain types of files. Namely, files that do not change frequently, such as updates, software repositories, and corporate policies and procedures.

PowerShell cmdlet of the Week
I once again did not focus a lot on PowerShell this past week, so I don't have a cmdlet for you this week.

Stats
Total time studying: 7 hrs. 55 min.
  • 70-411: 7 hrs. 55 min.
Resources used:
In Closing
I did have a bit of difficulty carving out enough time to study this past week, mostly due to far too many late nights. I do need to be quite a bit more focused, as I am scheduled to write the next exam, 70-411, in about two months. I plan to continue the 70-411 prerecorded sessions and work some more on my PowerShell studies. I also have the option to take the KnowledgeNet 70-412 Live Learning course starting next week, so hopefully I'll have a bit of time to sit in on that as well.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: