Sunday, October 5, 2014

MCSE Studying - Week 19 - A Slight Change In Plan

Overview
There has been a slight change in my plans. Actually, that might be understating the issue slightly, but I'm going to run with it. Last week, on Monday morning, I was let go from the job I had held for over 13 years. To say it was a shock would be grossly understating the feelings I felt.

I have heeded the advise of a professional and I took the week off from my studies. I did however spend quite a bit of time listening to the PowerScripting podcast, which helped me maintain some feeling of normality in this transition period.

I have decide to take a little bit of time off from working and spend that time focusing on my studies. I found it difficult to carve out enough time to study while I was working, so this brief pause in work should allow me to catch up on my studies while I search out a new opportunity.

Cool Stuff
The cool thing from this week wasn't so much the info, but the experience of sitting in on the live recording of the PowerScripting Podcast, Episode 287. It was nice to be able to put faces to the voices and get a chance to see behind the scenes.

Stats
Total time studying: 7 hrs. 40 min.
  • PowerShell: 7 hrs. 40 min.
Resources used:

PowerScripting Podcast - Episode 249, 256, 257, 258, & 287

In Closing
This past week has been a restful one, but next week shall be very busy as I hit the books. I'm not sure what the goal for studying will be, but I do know the progress will be much higher than past weeks. I suppose that's one advantage of being unemployed.

I believe that in the long run, this is going to be a great opportunity, and I am looking forward to what the future holds.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: