Saturday, October 4, 2014

MCSE Studying - Week 18

Overview
Wow! I seem to be really late getting last week's post out. It's been an interesting and chaotic week this week, but I'll cover that more in another post.

There is not a whole lot to report, so I'll be fairly brief this week. I have completed week eighteen of studying for my MCSE exams. I started Chapter 9 in the Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches book, listened to the latest episode of the PowerScripting Podcast, and finished Lessons 2 & 3 in the 70-410 Training Guide.

Cool Stuff
As far as cool stuff goes, getting more knowledge on Hyper-V was once again the coolest thing I learned. There wasn't anything specific, just the general satisfaction of learning something new.

PowerShell cmdlet of the Week
This week's cmdlet is actually a pair of useful cmdlets:

Save-Help

Update-Help

I learned about these quite some time ago, but are really quite useful for updating help files for PowerShell on multiple systems, especially when those systems do not have access to the Internet. You can use the following command to download and save the files to a specific location. say a USB drive:

Save-Help -DestinationPath F:\PSHelpFiles

and then use this command to update help from those saved help files:

Update-Help -SourcePath F:\PSHelpFiles

Stats
Total time studying: 4 hrs. 40 min.
  • PowerShell: 2 hrs. 35 min.
  • 70-410: 2 hrs. 5 min.
Resources used:


In Closing
This past week has been an improvement over previous weeks. This week I am going aim to finish the lab exercises and additional reading from Chapter 7 in the 70-410 study guide, and complete the Chapters 9 lab, and finish Chapter 10 in the Learn PowerShell in A Month of Lunches.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: