Sunday, September 7, 2014

MCSE Studying - Week 15

Overview
I have completed week fifteen of studying for my MCSE exams. I'm back in the game! The number of hours spent studying was fairly low, but I did manage to get back into the swing of self-paced studying. I finally finished of Chapter 6 in the 70-410 Training Guide, and finished Chapter 7 in the Learn PowerShell 3 in A Month of Lunches. I have also added to my training lab environment thanks to a generous loan of a pair of desktop PCs.

Cool Stuff
The coolest thing I learned this week, was how to set up a pair of DHCP servers, authorize them in Active Directory, set up a scope of IP addresses, and then configure load balancing and fault tolerance between them. Not a big deal really, but what was cool, was the fact it only took 5 separate PowerShell commands to achieve this. PowerShell is awesome!

Stats
Total time studying: 2 hrs. 40 min.
  • 70-410: 2 hrs. 10 min.
  • PowerShell: 30 min.
Resources used:

In Closing
This week, while not as productive hour-wise, was a huge leap forward for getting back on track with training. I am looking forward to next week, where I aim to finish the chapter on Hyper-V, finish a couple more chapters on PowerShell, and start a live, instructor led course on Administering SQL Server 2012 databases. It's going to be fantastic!


Have a great week everyone!

No comments: