Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MCSE Studying - Week 9

Overview
I have completed week nine of studying for my MCSE exams. I finished the Chapter 5 Practice Exercises, and started Chapter 6 in the 70-410 Training Guide. I finished the 70-410 Live Learning course from KnowledgeNet, and finished Lab 1 in the 'Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches' book.

Cool Stuff
Once again, this past week has been more of a review for me. I am looking forward to some challenges in the upcoming week as I learn more about DNSSEC and IPv6.

Stats
Total time studying: 8 hrs. 35 min.
  • Exam 70-410: 8 hrs.
  • PowerShell: 35 min.
Resources used:
Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2: Mitch Tulloch
KnowledgeNet Live Learning Course: Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
* I have decided not to include all of the TechNet articles I read throughout the week, as they are quite numerous. I will however, still list them in the Learning Resources post.

In Closing
Time management issues, a higher task load at work, and a general lack of enthusiasm on my part seems to have contributed to this past week's activities being less than I had planned for. I think I need either more coffee, more pizza, or both! This sysadmin needs to get focused, and quickly. The information isn't going to get into my head by itself.


Have a great week everyone!

No comments: