Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Learning PowerShell

Whilst pursuing my goal of earning my MCSE: Server Infrastructure, I am also going to be adding other skills that may not be specific to any one exam, but may apply across many exams. This will also enhance my skills as a sysadmin, and my understanding of the Windows Server products.

The first of these "add-on" skills, is Windows PowerShell. It have often heard it stated that it is one of the most critical skills required by Windows administrators today. I do have a little bit of experience with PowerShell, but I do feel that it is important to extend that knowledge significantly.To this end, I am going to sprinkle in liberal amounts of PowerShell training while I study for my MCSE.

If you are not familiar with PowerShell, and would like a quick overview of what PowerShell is, you can head over to Wikipedia's entry on Windows PowerShell.

I have also found a nice article summarizing why PowerShell is important. "It's an older article sir, but it checks out.". It does a great job of explaining the key points as to why you need to know PowerShell. That article is on TechRepublic and is titled: 10 reasons why you should learn to use PowerShell

Today marks the first day of my studies. As promised in a previous post, I will keep a record of my learning activities in this blog. My thoughts are that I will provide an update on the weekends, thereby sparing everyone from daily updates. In addition, a list of the learning resources that I am using to study can be found in this post. I will keep that list updated as I add more resources.

Well, onward and upwards in our never-ending quest for more bandwidth!

Have a great day!

No comments: