Sunday, January 4, 2015

MCSE Studying - Week 30

Overview
Week 30 of my MCSE studies wrapped up the last of the courses and self study that I would do before taking a break for the Christmas holidays. I finished both KnowledgeNet Live Learning courses, 70-412 and 70-414, and did a little bit of work in the 70-411 Training Guide. My brain was getting full and I was getting tired, so I decided not to pursue any further training until the new year.

Cool Stuff
The coolest thing from week 30 was reviewing the best practices for Certificate Services. I know I have mentioned it before, but I don't think I can overstate it by saying Certificate Services and PKI are critical to IT and to your career. Learn it!

Stats
Total time studying: 12 hrs. 55 min.
  • 70-411: 40 min.
  • 70-412: 6 hrs.
  • 70-414: 6 hrs. 15 min.
Resources used:

In Closing
I will be returning to my studies on January 5th, 2015, after taking a well deserved break, and spending quite a bit of time with friends and family, eating well, and resting a lot. I am looking forward to continuing this self study adventure, and will be certified by the end of 2015.

Have a great year everyone!

No comments: